View Single Post

Old 04-09-2012, 04:47 AM
Nexodyne Member

screaminmonkee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to screaminmonkee Send a message via MSN to screaminmonkee
Ahhh, survivors! Definitely refreshing.

Alright. Let me go more in-depth.
You ever notice how there's a website for EVERYTHING. You can type in right now into google red eye, and you'll find a million websites about red eye. The reason why is because red eye gets an X amount of searches a day, aka traffic. This traffic, which is pretty much me, you, your mom, you're aunt, your sisters friend is like gold. When they visit your site, and want to know about red eye, they browse, click around, finally click on an ad you have, ch-ching, dolla fity ($1.50) depending on how much you're getting paid per click. Now multiple this by the amount of people searching for red-eye per day? 1k...see the potential? And this is just the surface. This is called SEO (search engine optimization) marketing.

Next, you're wondering, alright I'll buy a domain, make a website. But how do I get Google to show my website up on the first page. This is where SEO comes into play. There's many tactics, first there's whitehat, which pretty much entails you talking about red eyes, blogging about it, different cures, how your sister got it, and slowly but surely Google ranks your site up by just the content you have. But this takes ages, and we live in an instant society, so what do we do? SPAM. Like what you see in the forum right now, fuckers posting their links in their signatures what this does is create "backlinks". When Google sees a backlink coming from ANOTHER site, it automatically assumes, "wow, if this site about red eyes is getting mentioned on this forum, well I'll be damned it must mean it's important" Google then proceeds to rank your page up.

The purpose of this is purely to drive "traffic" to your site, how else would people see your site? This money making method takes some time and patience, but if you have about 100 of these, you're making bank. Just finding the right keywords and niches that aren't saturated, that's the issue. But that's the fun part, finding your own little goldmine.

Of course, there's other methods, that form of monetization I'm talking about is just fishing for advertisement clicks, there's CPA companies that pay you for every email that get's entered or every signup that you get to a dating site. I like more of the blackhat methods, you can make a shitload of cash, only it's unstable but it's good side money.

So who's down? This will be my second attempt at bringing this forum to what it used to be. Blame my hardcore nostalgia. And why don't we start a Skype Group Chat?