Thread: hi all
View Single Post

Old 04-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Contributor Pirate

Dragoon is a jewel in the roughDragoon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Dragoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminmonkee
They appear to be real humans anyways, but they aren't. Unless they have ALOT, and I mean ALOT of time on their hands. For example the TV show thread where those fuckers are posting their favorite tv shows, it's actually lulzworthy cause it looks legit, but probably the program they are using has tags, for tv shows, posts this, for books, post this, for welcome thread, post this...catch my drift? One thing you could do, it won't stop them but you'll troll them is to make all the links on the board nofollow, so google won't index them. That way, the spammers aren't getting no benefit from spamming this forum. Ayyyy? That'll teach em.

Also OCR, nowadays all OCR can be broken, even Google's recaptcha, they say the russian mafia is who owns Xrumer (the software is like 6-700 dollars) and they employ russians to break any OCR out there. So the best thing you can do, is have a human verification question....something off the wall because now the spamming bots are catching onto them to, before "what's 1+1=?" used to suffice, now you gotta ask, what color is space or something along those lines lol.

I use Captcha Trader for download sites (with JDownloader). I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to use Captcha Trader, or another such site, in a spam bot.

And some, though certainly not all, of the posters do seem to be legitimate humans. The guy who replied to my word generator thread was far too specific about the context, and I really doubt there are enough people out there making and posting about word generator scripts for the spammers to have a stock post ready for that. And he did actually click an ad--he, or the proxy he used, was in Michigan.