Go Back   Nexodyne Forums > General > Off Topic
Reload this Page Bitcoin
User Name
Password

Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Biceps made out of Steel Cobras

Alphasee is on a distinguished road
The pools aren't too hard to set up, message me if you'd like help Iridium.

I just figured out how to set up the client, but once you get past the initial learning curve, its a lot easier.

The HUGE benefit to starting our own private pool is that everyone involved would make more money than if it was solo. There would be more of an incentive for everyone to share CPU power, etc.

There's also a free browser miner, does require java:

http://www.bitcoinplus.com/

Which also has a site widget, but CPU mining is significantly slower than GPU mining. And BTC+ taxes 15% through websites. I'm just trying to give an example. This however, is not a solution for our own server/pool.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.
I've not yet got around to setting up our own mining pool, however if anyone happens to want to mine for Nexodyne (think of it like a donation for keeping this place going!) Then point your miners to:

http://www.nexodyne.com/pool/d/

And post here for kudos if you do.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.
Since I don't have a Linux server handy, and all the pre-packaged mining pool scripts that I've seen aren't intended to run on Windows, I've created a "Nexodyne" team on deepbit.net if anyone wants to join!

I'm currently the only member

Old 09-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Contributor Pirate

Dragoon is a jewel in the roughDragoon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Dragoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium
Since I don't have a Linux server handy, and all the pre-packaged mining pool scripts that I've seen aren't intended to run on Windows, I've created a "Nexodyne" team on deepbit.net if anyone wants to join!

I'm currently the only member

Unless we have some miraculous resurgence in activity, or a few of the still-semi-active members happen to have mining rigs, the rate of return on this endeavor probably won't be significant. I think I figured out that it'll take my computer more than a year to generate a complete chunk of BTC (running full time, not being used for anything else), so I'm not even going to bother.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
Unless we have some miraculous resurgence in activity, or a few of the still-semi-active members happen to have mining rigs, the rate of return on this endeavor probably won't be significant. I think I figured out that it'll take my computer more than a year to generate a complete chunk of BTC (running full time, not being used for anything else), so I'm not even going to bother.

This isn't something that we (i.e. Nexodyne) is making any profit out of people joining the mining team, so whilst I'm under no illusion that the abysmal readership we currently have is probably not going to gain me many team-mates, it's still worth putting it out there!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Contributor Pirate

Dragoon is a jewel in the roughDragoon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Dragoon
Quote:
This isn't something that we (i.e. Nexodyne) is making any profit out of people joining the mining team, so whilst I'm under no illusion that the abysmal readership we currently have is probably not going to gain me many team-mates, it's still worth putting it out there!

Fair enough. Would be pretty cool if this does take off, and it might provide some motivation for the last few active (comparatively active, anyway) members to promote more activity.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:07 AM
Contributor of Idiocy

Rick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to behold
*cough* botnet bitcoin miners *cough*
(7:32:05 PM) Crescent0mega: brb smoking this 4 year old cock

Old 10-29-2011, 03:19 PM
NVT Champion

Lucas is a glorious beacon of lightLucas is a glorious beacon of lightLucas is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Lucas Send a message via AIM to Lucas Send a message via MSN to Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas
Tried out BitCoin a while back, doesn't seem to be worth the effort. There's always someone at the top that is making the most money (such as the creators and their friends). Also, wish it solved real problems (something like Folding@HOME), not just hard ones for the sake of it.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Retired

XEgittoX is a jewel in the roughXEgittoX is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to XEgittoX
Anyone made any money yet?

Old 11-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Administrator

I think I've mined about 1.50 BTC using CPU mining. Had I done that a few months ago, that'd be worth maybe $50. Unfortunately now it's about $5. I've been tempted to buy some more to give them as Christmas presents.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Contributor

EM2915 is just really niceEM2915 is just really niceEM2915 is just really nice
Green Star

Oy, went ahead and joined the Nexodyne mining team.

Old 11-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Administrator

I knew I wouldn't be the only one forever!

Old 01-17-2012, 02:33 PM
is puchipuchi

Ceci is a name known to allCeci is a name known to allCeci is a name known to allCeci is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ceci Send a message via MSN to Ceci
So what's the score? How's bitcoin going

Old 01-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceci
So what's the score? How's bitcoin going

Hmm, well it was apparently featured in an episode of The Good Wife on TV a day or two ago which has raised its profile somewhat, and it's been gradually creeping up in value over the past few months to about $6 apiece now. Still a way off it's $30 high, but anyway.

A bit surprised you're not all over it to be honest, I hear Silk Road has all sorts of... illicit substances purchasable with Bitcoins!

Old 02-05-2012, 06:53 PM
is puchipuchi

Ceci is a name known to allCeci is a name known to allCeci is a name known to allCeci is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ceci Send a message via MSN to Ceci
Quote:
Hmm, well it was apparently featured in an episode of The Good Wife on TV a day or two ago which has raised its profile somewhat, and it's been gradually creeping up in value over the past few months to about $6 apiece now. Still a way off it's $30 high, but anyway.

A bit surprised you're not all over it to be honest, I hear Silk Road has all sorts of... illicit substances purchasable with Bitcoins!

i'm sure it'll end up kicking off. and i've moved abroad to get clean actually.