PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand how credit card theft doesn't happen at my work

Liam
05-22-2010, 11:49 PM
I take orders for clothing all day through the phone at my work, and I never realized how easy it is to obtain personal information. I don't understand why more hoodlums don't use call centers to get personal information :confused: I receive hundreds of credit card numbers complete with names, expiration dates, and security codes a day. I see personal addresses and telephone numbers. We even sell a company credit card which necessitates us to ask for social security numbers and birth dates. So if you want to make a quick million and come to the dark side while you're at it get a job at a call center

05-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Hotels are the same way, people will give us just about any info we ask for. Maybe not social no. though...

mighty
05-23-2010, 09:34 AM
This is because people trust on big names like big hotels, show rooms etc. therefore they easily give their most secret info.

EM2915
05-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Most credit card theifs are in Europe/Asia. Security is getting tight on cards as far as ordering online using someone else's credit card. A big problem with credit card fraud is actually the theft of the magnetic track data on the back of the card. You can get skimming devices, and upon swipe of a card you get Track1+Track2 data, which then can be written to "fake" credit cards/gift cards and then shopped with instore. Its a huge industry.

Alphasee
05-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Most ISPs don't even ask for info on a Credit Card except for the number and expiration. No Name, no CVV2, nothing.

Just look for places like that, and give it a try ;)