PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunately, the time has come...

Iridium
07-11-2002, 12:59 PM
I'd imagine that some of you looking in here will be hoping that the title of this message is just a joke (of course, some others may be hoping that it is true, and that I am leaving, and it's you people that will be the happy ones)

Yes, the time has come for me to leave.

The board used to be a fun place to be, and I was quite proud of it, and how it survived through all the problems that we've had (some of you will remember them, some of you will not). However, over the last few weeks and months, in my eyes, it's lost something.

The recent arguments over unfair treatment of members based on how long or short they have been here has definitely not helped. I have also been getting the feeling, certainly recently, that some people here seem to think that I owe them something, and that they have the right to demand my attention, and again, that hasn't helped with my perception of the "atmosphere" here.

Of course, there are other reasons, one of them being that I'm really getting just a little old for this, and so should probably be moving on, and putting my skills to work for me, in trying to achieve my aim of being filthy rich, and in the nearer future, for funding my regular trips to the US to see Artemis!

So, it's goodbye to the board, and it's members. For those that know me outside the board, don't worry, I'm not disappearing, I'm just going to be concentrating on other things.

07-11-2002, 01:05 PM
I wanted to be the first to say goodbye, so I signed up for an account just for the occasion. It's been great having you around Irid (Yes I will always capitalize his name artemis ;)). The NH community owes you more than they will ever be able to repay. With your resignation, comes my official leave from the board also. Thanks to all the NH members for the great time, and may you all have great lives.

Enjoy your reltionship Irid, don't let anything get in the way. You deserve to be happy, and I hope all goes well for you.

Sincerely,
Sheep

Christouffer
07-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Man Irid, this, In my opinion, is the worst thing to have ever happened to the board. You are definatly our best Administrator ever, and you truly will be missed. I hope we can speak some more on MSN or AIM, I think I still have loads to learn from you.

Thanks for the good times, thanks for the knowledge, thanks for the NP, thanks for the "good grades", thanks for everything you have done at the board. Finally, thanks for doing what I thought you really should have all along, you realized (or maybe you knew) your potential, and your going to do something with it.

I hope to see you up there one day with Bill Gates name, because you by far have earned it. If all turns out well (which it never will) maybe we will each have our software companies, and one day I will get to meet the man who I, one more than one occassion have called, God.

You will be missed Charles, goodbye.

DuskRequiem
07-11-2002, 02:13 PM
Well like everyone knows Irid. You were the almight creator of Neopets Global, the most powerful and successful neopets programs in the history of neopets programming. So no matter what happens, you got that to brag about. Also I think you were probably the biggest spine in Adam's ass...Which is also something very big to brag about. What else is there to say but that you were probably the greatest programmer I've ever had the pleasure of knowing and meeting, you are a great guy, and you always kept your cool when any situation on the board became frustrating. You were a great admin, and di more for the board than anyone could ever imagine. All the mods you've installed, all the shit you've been through, you've stuck with us through it all. and above all you were a really great person. I wish you the best of luck in the future, and hope that you really rethink your decision someday and comeback. I'll be seeing ya.......
-Dusky

Fettboy2
07-11-2002, 06:37 PM
Well Chuck, it's been a long time, it's sad to see you go. You don't owe anybody anything, they owe you if anything. The Underground system, the several mods you've made for us, everything. You'll be missed greatly, hope you and Artemis have a long happy life. Never knew Neohacks would turn into an international dating service ;). I'm glad you'll still be around to help out a bit when the board screws up, but I hope you'll still be on MSN just to chat. Later Irid.

Gearbox
07-13-2002, 08:08 AM
Charles, or so your real name is called, I, once again, will say goodbye. I believe that 95% of this achievement was all done by you. The mods, the programs, it's all so precious. You have the amazing ability of the knowledge of programming. That, and the good looks and artemis... ;D Moving on... THIS, could be the saddest news of my life, but then again, I never did expect you to stay here until the end. I wish the best of luck for the rest of your life. I hope you will become the next Bill Gates, with good looks! :P

Goodbye, god. We hope you still visit. I, once again, say that I will NEVER nag you to come back.

Jason
07-13-2002, 05:58 PM
Well god, I am sorry to see that the time has come, I have known you for a long time and always thought you were the best programmer i had ever seen!! No offense Ghost ;) Anyways sorry to see you go, and good luck with everything.....

HolyHobo
07-16-2002, 01:13 AM
Goodbye god, you have done great things for neohacks. The fact that it continues to survive and thrive is mostly because of your efforts. You will be sorely missed.

Good luck with your life god! Its been a pleasure working with you. So long!

- Brandon

And Joey, man, you havent been around much either, but you also have done alot for this board, Im sad to see you go. I enjoyed talking to you on occasion. Don't be to rough on yourself (direct your anger outwards instead ;D).

Its been great working with you. Goodbye :-.

- Brandon