Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   General (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Writing my LSAT (/showthread.php?t=21496)

Kamil 05-15-2010 12:43 PM

Writing my LSAT

Hello all,
I'm a Candian, hence I have no experience with standardized tests. I'm registered to write the LSAT June 7th. I have no problem answering the questions close to perfectly in an untimed test. However, with the 35minute-per-section time limitation, I find that I am either unable to complete all/many of the questions in a section, or i rush to complete all the questions, resulting in making numerous small mistakes. I'm thinking of writing a timed practice test ever day until test day.

For those that have written standardized tests, what are your thoughts?

NillNicks 03-02-2012 08:12 AM

Thanks

Hey Guys I am a new comer on this forum. thanks for opening this topic on this forum.

Dragoon 03-03-2012 01:01 AM

I wonder how Kamil did on his LSAT 2 years ago.

breakfast 03-03-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
I wonder how Kamil did on his LSAT 2 years ago.

Good enough to get in! :)

(... I think? Last time I talked to him he had mentioned he was accepted at least a couple schools.)

Dragoon 03-04-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfast
Good enough to get in! :)

(... I think? Last time I talked to him he had mentioned he was accepted at least a couple schools.)

Ah, cool.

Kamil 03-04-2012 05:47 PM

Hey all,

Ryan pointed out this thread to me, otherwise I would not have checked it.

I scored a 166 on my LSAT (which is a 93rd percentile). The first time I wrote it I scored 158 (75th percentile). It took a lot of studying to get my score, although I could have done things more efficiently.

I'm currently finishing up my M.A. and have received a few offers to attend top Canadian law schools. I'm staying away from the states due to the shitty legal market and the sky-high tuition fees.

Dragoon, if you're interested in going to law school, I would gladly have a chat with you.

-Kamil

Dragoon 03-05-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamil
Hey all,

Ryan pointed out this thread to me, otherwise I would not have checked it.

I scored a 166 on my LSAT (which is a 93rd percentile). The first time I wrote it I scored 158 (75th percentile). It took a lot of studying to get my score, although I could have done things more efficiently.

I'm currently finishing up my M.A. and have received a few offers to attend top Canadian law schools. I'm staying away from the states due to the shitty legal market and the sky-high tuition fees.

Dragoon, if you're interested in going to law school, I would gladly have a chat with you.

-Kamil

Congrats.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm about half way through my B.Sc. in Comp Sci and from there I'm planning on either grad school for CS (if I can find a way to pay for it sans massive debt) or going straight into the job market.