Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Hm (/showthread.php?t=21647)

Liam 04-11-2011 01:43 PM

Hm

Looks like the expansion didn't really pan out the way I thought it would :/ Should we downsize back to a few forums?

Nuke_is_Good 04-12-2011 12:58 PM

Yep, less is more that and find a focus for the board.

Ceci 04-12-2011 03:10 PM

i used to be really deterred from a forum with too many subforums. it wouldnt entice me in the slightest to get involved because it would be too much effort.. if you get mee.

Liam 04-13-2011 12:50 PM

I was really hoping if we had a group of people dedicated to posting a few times a day it would start a snowball effect but it didn't really pan out.

Would you guys rather the original number of forums or a more condensed version?

Liam 04-21-2011 12:00 PM

I think it would be kind of interesting to just have one forum, it would seem a lot more active too.

Rick 04-21-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
I think it would be kind of interesting to just have one forum, it would seem a lot more active too.

QFT

Just make ONE GODDAMNED FORUM. And have all topics in there.

Also get a chatbox mod imo so we can all chat with eachother in real time

Christouffer 04-21-2011 07:25 PM

Just don't delete any of the posts. In fact, make as many of them as public as possible. We get indexed from google and get traffic that way.

Liam 04-27-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christouffer
Just don't delete any of the posts. In fact, make as many of them as public as possible. We get indexed from google and get traffic that way.

Sounds good, I'll get to this in a bit

Dragoon 04-28-2011 10:52 PM

Less boards would be better, but I think cutting down to a single board would be a bit too condensed. Perhaps a board for each of the categories we have now:

Nexodyne
--Announcements
--General
--Entertainment
--Technology
--Academics

I moved them around, and merged the Living and Society boards. What do you guys think?
Edit: Screw it, Life and Society are pretty general so we can post that shit here in General. A technology board maybe?

Biddykins 04-29-2011 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
Less boards would be better, but I think cutting down to a single board would be a bit too condensed. Perhaps a board for each of the categories we have now:

Nexodyne
--Announcements
--General
--Entertainment
--Technology
--Academics

I moved them around, and merged the Living and Society boards. What do you guys think?
Edit: Screw it, Life and Society are pretty general so we can post that shit here in General. A technology board maybe?

Agreed fully.

Nuke_is_Good 04-30-2011 03:12 AM

Even if there is a downscaling of the amount of boards, what can this board offer for new people to come in?

Dragoon 04-30-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke_is_Good
Even if there is a downscaling of the amount of boards, what can this board offer for new people to come in?

That's something I think we've all been pondering, to no avail. If you've got any suggestions...

Biddykins 05-01-2011 03:54 PM

I had a cool suggestion, just unsure of the amount of stuff we could use.

How about a totally legal torrent website? Out of copyright music, books, films, etc? I'm sure a decent amount of people would be drawn in by the fact of it being legal, and the curiosity of seeing what sort of things are out there in the public domain (some are quite surprising, such as Night Of The Living Dead, due to a silly legal loophole).

Dragoon 05-01-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddykins
I had a cool suggestion, just unsure of the amount of stuff we could use.

How about a totally legal torrent website? Out of copyright music, books, films, etc? I'm sure a decent amount of people would be drawn in by the fact of it being legal, and the curiosity of seeing what sort of things are out there in the public domain (some are quite surprising, such as Night Of The Living Dead, due to a silly legal loophole).

A public domain torrent site would be pretty cool. Second on that idea.

Biddykins 05-02-2011 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
A public domain torrent site would be pretty cool. Second on that idea.

Well I for one know a fair few musicians/bands who would let their stuff be put on, just for the exposure, provided it had a link to their website or some sort of credit attached to it.