Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   What is everyone up to these days? (in life) (/showthread.php?t=21722)

AnonymousZC 02-18-2013 08:12 PM

Hey guys.

Used to go by the username AnonymousNeopet (I think), but now go by AnonymousZC (on all games/forums).

No idea when I first joined up here, but was a bloomin long time ago.

My life:
  • Worked for 7 years in a catering business.
  • Decided to get out and do something I enjoy.
  • Worked for a company as a Software Dev.
  • Got sacked for no reason.
  • Went to University to get a degree so I can get a decent job I enjoy.
  • Currently in my 2nd year of Computer Science.
  • Not much else.
  • Kate told me about this post, so thought i'd come and post here.
  • Oh and, im currently 27 years old.

rhinoceros 03-02-2013 08:50 PM

mm, shadowsturm here.

graduating with a degree in chemistry and english and unofficial minor in moonshining in a few months
writing a giant paper on HBO's The Wire
moving to the western US soon for a job as winery brewmaster and assistant distiller, I have no idea what the pay is like but I'd just as soon do it for free (I spend money on brewing/distilling now)

it's good to see that everyone's still alright. except khild. too soon? I think not.

:mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

Iridium 03-03-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoceros
mm, shadowsturm here.

graduating with a degree in chemistry and english and unofficial minor in moonshining in a few months
writing a giant paper on HBO's The Wire
moving to the western US soon for a job as winery brewmaster and assistant distiller, I have no idea what the pay is like but I'd just as soon do it for free (I spend money on brewing/distilling now)

it's good to see that everyone's still alright. except khild. too soon? I think not.

:mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

I was thinking about our friend Khild just yesterday. RIP man.

screaminmonkee 03-05-2013 08:31 AM

Awww shucks here's my life story since the Nhack days.

I'm 22 now.

Graduated highschool.
Went into a nursing program.
It was a horrible school that wasn't even accredited. Lost time and money.
I managed to go to jail 4 times. Stupid decisions, hanging with the wrong people.
Found the love of my life(reunited with my highschool sweetheart), rescued me to say the least.
We've been together 3 years going on 4.
Completely drug free for the last 2 of those 3.
Now I've found my place, internet marketing.
Last year I made 45k, not much but definitely more than I thought I'd ever amount to.

Alphasee 03-05-2013 05:16 PM

I randomly came back because I did a search for Ghost. I mean, its not weird that I do that, right?

I've got a three year old and still live in Washington. I had a phone conversation with Meka years ago, and still talk to Dragoon and Kate every so often.

ShadowKnight is on to bigger and better things than me, and I still talk to Christiffer every so often (I foresee him replying to this thread shortly).

C03 Chris I see posting on facebook every so often. I feel bad that I never got to meet you while you were here, mugboy.

What ever happened to X? lol. I currently work at a major ISP in sales and support, bought a condo, and last week, a brand new 2k13 Elantra.

Dragoon 03-09-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphasee
I randomly came back because I did a search for Ghost. I mean, its not weird that I do that, right?

I've got a three year old and still live in Washington. I had a phone conversation with Meka years ago, and still talk to Dragoon and Kate every so often.

ShadowKnight is on to bigger and better things than me, and I still talk to Christiffer every so often (I foresee him replying to this thread shortly).

C03 Chris I see posting on facebook every so often. I feel bad that I never got to meet you while you were here, mugboy.

What ever happened to X? lol. I currently work at a major ISP in sales and support, bought a condo, and last week, a brand new 2k13 Elantra.

I think e-stalking casual acquaintances is quite normal now. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Sounds like things are going pretty well for you. Very belated congrats on the kid.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was planning to apply for REUs (summer research internships). I did, and I got one, so I'll be spending next summer at another university doing research and getting paid ($500 weekly for 10 weeks, free room and board and travel). Pretty excited about that.

Christouffer 03-27-2013 08:31 AM

<3 Masters in computer science. Working at NetApp. Building http://waypoint.fm Taking singing lessons. Irregularly updating http://dzoba.com Am pretty much now defined by my résumé. Nexodyne is on there :)

Dragoon 03-27-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christouffer
<3 Masters in computer science. Working at NetApp. Building http://waypoint.fm Taking singing lessons. Irregularly updating http://dzoba.com Am pretty much now defined by my résumé. Nexodyne is on there :)

Nice resume. I had forgotten about the PC magazine thing.

SnoringFrog 03-27-2013 08:41 PM

Hadn't thought of this site in a while, stumbled upon it again while googling a junk email account of mine to see what popped up. Never was particularly active even when I first joined, so I doubt anyone remembers me. Came in probably thinking I was some hotshot for teaching myself basic html/css/javascript lol. Come a bit of a ways since then, wish I'd stuck around here. It would have been good for me.

Anyway, as to what I'm up to now:
  • Finishing up my 3rd year towards a BS in Comp. Sci
  • Randomly making stupid programs/scripts, hoping to hit on a worthwhile idea
  • Looking to create; always looking to create (Anything, really. Besides programming I write and am teaching myself to draw in hopes of starting up the comic I've had in my head for years
  • Struggling through crappy monetary situations. Yay.
  • Growing an epic beard
  • And I'm currently 21

If anything still happens at this place, I think I might try and stick around. Like I said, this place would have been good for me as I learned; more practical than the random crap I've been throwing together myself. Too late to go back and fix that, so might as well pick up with y'all now that I can, right?

Dragoon 03-28-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoringFrog
Hadn't thought of this site in a while, stumbled upon it again while googling a junk email account of mine to see what popped up. Never was particularly active even when I first joined, so I doubt anyone remembers me. Came in probably thinking I was some hotshot for teaching myself basic html/css/javascript lol. Come a bit of a ways since then, wish I'd stuck around here. It would have been good for me.

Anyway, as to what I'm up to now:
  • Finishing up my 3rd year towards a BS in Comp. Sci
  • Randomly making stupid programs/scripts, hoping to hit on a worthwhile idea
  • Looking to create; always looking to create (Anything, really. Besides programming I write and am teaching myself to draw in hopes of starting up the comic I've had in my head for years
  • Struggling through crappy monetary situations. Yay.
  • Growing an epic beard
  • And I'm currently 21

If anything still happens at this place, I think I might try and stick around. Like I said, this place would have been good for me as I learned; more practical than the random crap I've been throwing together myself. Too late to go back and fix that, so might as well pick up with y'all now that I can, right?

We still see maybe 1-2 posts a week from actual users, and the occasional spam post. I'd love to see more activity though. I feel like we've got a big enough population of Comp Sci people (damn near all of us, you included) that we could aim for more of a focus on that.

kenw 03-29-2013 02:06 PM

I've known this girl for about 5 or 6 years now, i've told her that i've liked her and she told me that she like me also. Well it was more her telling me first. So then we got closer until she just decided to stop talking to me one day for over a month. It came to be that she found another guy. It's been around 2 years since that and she has slowly begun to talk to me again, i don't know if this is more of lust or just because i might want to give her a second chance with this i feel more inclined to be with her with every day that passes when we're just hanging out as friends or anything. Now, this is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down and I liked to take a minute Just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air. In west Philadelphia born and raised, On the playground was where I spent most of my days. Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool. And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school, When a couple of guys,who were up to no good,Startin making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared. She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'.I begged and pleaded with her day after day, But she packed my suite case and send me on my way. She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket, I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.First class, yo this is bad Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass. Is this what the people of Bel-Air Living like? Hmmmmm this might be alright.But wait I hear there're prissy, wine all that. Is Bel-Air the type of place they send this cool cat? I don't think sow. I'll see when I get there,I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near, The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror .If anything I can say this cab is rare, But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8, And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'. I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there,To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

Red 03-30-2013 03:01 AM

- BS in Chemistry, decided to switch majors

- 1st year of Med School now

Damn, everyone is so successful. I guess i'm going to make my kids addicted to some shitty online game to the point that they'll try to exploit it ;)

HYPERION 04-07-2013 11:43 AM

LOL,I miss the days when I used to somewhat shitpost in this forum as a kid :p .I'm in university now,studying finance. How did you guys manage to grow up so fast? Most people in their early 20's barely work it out. Should I study C++,MySQL and java even though I don't have a degree to prove the fact that I know how to work with them?

Killer chicken here.

Dragoon 04-07-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERION
LOL,I miss the days when I used to somewhat shitpost in this forum as a kid :p .I'm in university now,studying finance. How did you guys manage to grow up so fast? Most people in their early 20's barely work it out. Should I study C++,MySQL and java even though I don't have a degree to prove the fact that I know how to work with them?

Killer chicken here.

From what I've heard, if you can manage to build a decent development portfolio it's still possible to find work without a CS degree.

Elite 06-09-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphasee

Hey bro, we lost touch now that MSN shut off completely. PM me your email or something.

X and Lucas are the only 2 people from here that I actually kept in touch over the years. I know both are doing well in their respective professions, not sure if they frequent Nexodyne anymore though.

Good to see everyone doing well, def. need to set up a reunion of some sort if somehow a bunch of us happen to be in the same city.