Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   World News (/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Gulf Coast Oil Spill (/showthread.php?t=21485)

Liam 05-14-2010 06:07 PM

Gulf Coast Oil Spill

dear god. I heard its fast on its way/has already exceeded the enormity of the exxon valdez disaster. And it's heading towards my province of Nova Scotia. For anyone who isn't aware, NS is basically all coast with some land attached. But yeah, in light of the disaster, the government has canceled a contract with some oil company to drill in the north somewhere. I think it may have been BP? And I wonder what this means for BP.

rhinoceros 05-14-2010 06:43 PM

this could turn out to be one of the worst disasters ever. with hurricane season coming (plus gulf stream waters) and the 'valve' not plugged yet, we might expect to see this crude oil spread all over the planet instead of just being contained in the gulf. it's sad what man can do to mother nature.

Dawgy 05-14-2010 10:58 PM

So let's hear your opinion on this then. Is it truly a horrible accident or negligence with the company running the platform?

Liam 06-03-2010 12:25 AM

Both. Also, do you think they'll ever be able to clean this up? Aren't they still cleaning up after the Valdez?

breakfast 07-01-2010 01:34 AM

sorry to short term "grave dig" again but this is really interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHmhxpQEGPo

fairyanna 12-30-2014 06:25 AM

I don't really keep up with the art scene. There are a few artists I like--Banksy's pretty cool--but for the most part, I think this comic sums up my feeling on the issue: