Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   Food (/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   How do you like your steak? (/showthread.php?t=21502)

Liam 05-15-2010 09:10 PM

How do you like your steak?

Medium rare, I don't see why anyone would want a steak cooked longer than that. With Montreal Steak Spice and Dijon mustard.. Dear god.

Biddykins 05-16-2010 02:31 AM

Cooked on the outside, little pink on the inside, perfect. My girlfriend likes them basically cremated, ugh.

Charles' cajun style steak is to die for.

CO3 05-16-2010 03:10 AM

I don't eat steak. Shocker, right?

It's not an activism thing; I just don't like beef.

Kate 05-16-2010 06:26 PM

I'm absolutely a control freak about steak - I don't eat much of it at all so when I do I want it to be good. A little on the rare side of medium rare is my preference with this one particular cajun spice. Beautiful.

wahaneebelly 05-20-2010 03:44 AM

I am a vegetarian now, but I used to eat them medium because the people generally undercooked them a little bit.

andreasr2d2 06-07-2010 04:02 PM

Me personally? I like it well done. It's sort of a fear thing since you see, this one time I got food poisoning from an undercooked burger. :( And after that, I've been wary....

Iridium 06-07-2010 04:54 PM

Rare or blue (depends on the place, I only go for blue if I think they can actually pull it off).

Also, if you happen to a) be in London (UK) and b) feel like getting a really good (albeit rather expensive) steak then check out http://www.thehawksmoor.co.uk/ almost certainly the best steak I've had, and certainly the best at a restaurant.

They only have limited number of each cut, in various weights from about 400g all the way up to about 2kg. I think I had a 600g Chateaubriand, which at £72 (about $100), I'm glad I wasn't paying for it!

Liam 06-08-2010 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium
Rare or blue (depends on the place, I only go for blue if I think they can actually pull it off).

Also, if you happen to a) be in London (UK) and b) feel like getting a really good (albeit rather expensive) steak then check out http://www.thehawksmoor.co.uk/ almost certainly the best steak I've had, and certainly the best at a restaurant.

They only have limited number of each cut, in various weights from about 400g all the way up to about 2kg. I think I had a 600g Chateaubriand, which at £72 (about $100), I'm glad I wasn't paying for it!

oh man blue! I've heard about blue but I thought twas only a fable! Put it on the grill, wait 10 seconds, flip it, wait 10 seconds, put it on my plate.