Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   Technology (/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   3DTV - stupid? (/showthread.php?t=21504)

Liam 05-15-2010 09:16 PM

3DTV - stupid?

People seem to be heralding 3DTV as the next big thing, like HDTV was a few years back. Its about $1000 more expensive than the same size HDTV, plus maybe $250 for each pair of 3d glasses. I think its a big gimmick.

Biddykins 05-16-2010 02:30 AM

I just don't see the point. It's cool enough for films, but for TV I think it'd just distract from certain elements of the show. A film like Toy Story 3? Yes. CNN News? Not really. Plus I already have the Wii to make me look a twat in my own living room, without wearing big silly glasses too.

That's another subject to. A 3D games console? May be pretty cool.

CO3 05-16-2010 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddykins
I just don't see the point. It's cool enough for films, but for TV I think it'd just distract from certain elements of the show. A film like Toy Story 3? Yes. CNN News? Not really. Plus I already have the Wii to make me look a twat in my own living room, without wearing big silly glasses too.

That's another subject to. A 3D games console? May be pretty cool.

Yeah, games and movies are all I see it being useful for. If you have the money and want something new and potentially neat for a while (until you realize it wasn't necessarily worth a grand) then I guess this is for you.

EM2915 05-16-2010 12:58 PM

I like watching TV the way it is normally.

It would be pretty cool for video games though I guess.

Liam 05-16-2010 02:07 PM

this being said, have you ever seen head tracking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

this better be the future of video games. so awesome.

Rick 05-17-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
this being said, have you ever seen head tracking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

this better be the future of video games. so awesome.

Blew. My. Mind.

Imagine call of duty with head tracking and something like a VR rifle-controller. Fucking insane.