Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   stuff (/showthread.php?t=21731)

Liam 08-22-2013 12:48 AM

stuff

Hey guys whats up

Im thinking maybe we should make NH just off-topic and use it as a way to catch up whenever we want to

Im going into my third year of mechanical engineering at Dalhousie in Nova Scotia. Right now I'm finishing up a work term at Shell Canada in Calgary.

Whats going on with you guys?

Dragoon 08-22-2013 02:39 PM

Starting my second to last semester in computer science on Monday, after spending most of the summer in another state for an internship. Just spent over $500 on textbooks, which would be a little more upsetting if not for the big piles of financial aid money the government throws at me.

I'm looking forward to graduating. I've lived in the same general area for my entire life, and I'll almost certainly have to move to find decent work in comp sci, giving me means and motivation to finally get out of here. Probably somewhere in the SF bay area. I'd like to get into software engineering, and you can't walk five feet in the bay area without tripping over a startup.

anasalinas105 08-28-2013 02:41 PM

$500 on textbooks? wow heheh

fotografia ecuador

Dragoon 08-28-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anasalinas105
$500 on textbooks? wow heheh

The bulk of which was thanks to three upper division comp sci classes (networking & telecom, theory of computation, and operating systems). Upper division class textbooks are always ridiculously expensive. I justify it by telling myself that I'll have them around as references later in my career, or, at the very least, I can put them all on my office/cubicle bookshelf to make myself look more important and knowledgeable.

Iridium 08-28-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
...I justify it by telling myself that I'll have them around as references later in my career...

You can take it from me - you won't, that's what we use the internet for! This being said, I only bought one textbook during my university course.

Dragoon 08-28-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium
You can take it from me - you won't, that's what we use the internet for! This being said, I only bought one textbook during my university course.

Yeah, I figure that's more likely than not. I barely use them as is. I don't think I opened my Java textbook a single time when I took that class, because Java has such thorough API documentation.

btsx 08-29-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
Yeah, I figure that's more likely than not. I barely use them as is. I don't think I opened my Java textbook a single time when I took that class, because Java has such thorough API documentation.

i used to sell mine to amazon after the semester was over

breakfast 09-08-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
Hey guys whats up

Im thinking maybe we should make NH just off-topic and use it as a way to catch up whenever we want to

Im going into my third year of mechanical engineering at Dalhousie in Nova Scotia. Right now I'm finishing up a work term at Shell Canada in Calgary.

Whats going on with you guys?

brb adding you on facebook because we are the same person pretty much