Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   ok so what the fuck is everyone up to these days (/showthread.php?t=21575)

breakfast 06-30-2010 04:33 AM

ok so what the fuck is everyone up to these days

i'm on summer break right now working at a liquor store again since i can't find any FUCKING JOBS THAT PAY BETTER OR ARE RESUME MATERIAL.... FFFFFUCK

and yeah i finished my first year of engineering, specializing in mechanical engineering

wuddup

CO3 06-30-2010 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridicule
i'm on summer break right now working at a liquor store again since i can't find any FUCKING JOBS THAT PAY BETTER OR ARE RESUME MATERIAL.... FFFFFUCK

and yeah i finished my first year of engineering, specializing in mechanical engineering

wuddup

How's Mechanical Engineering going?

We're living our lives checking in every now and then like we do. Nothing changes here. Except that big change we did.

breakfast 06-30-2010 05:50 AM

first year was general but it went pretty well

some parts were kinda dry but it's a means to an end

Kate 06-30-2010 10:20 AM

Just finished my 3rd year in English, starting to work on getting things together to apply to PR when I finish that. Was working for a utility here but decided to take the summer off ( :D ) so now I'm mostly sitting around in the sun at my Dad's place on the lake and taking it easy in the city in between.

breakfast 06-30-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Just finished my 3rd year in English, starting to work on getting things together to apply to PR when I finish that. Was working for a utility here but decided to take the summer off ( :D ) so now I'm mostly sitting around in the sun at my Dad's place on the lake and taking it easy in the city in between.

barf @ english
cool @ pr
how do you manage to live @ no job
jealous @ living on the lake

Kate 06-30-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfast
barf @ english
cool @ pr
how do you manage to live @ no job
jealous @ living on the lake

Had money in the bank when I left my job @ how I live
It's pretty fucking awesome @ Summer on the lake
PR is going to be fucking amazing when I get to it @ Cool
I like it, so suck it @ barf

breakfast 06-30-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Had money in the bank when I left my job @ how I live
It's pretty fucking awesome @ Summer on the lake
PR is going to be fucking amazing when I get to it @ Cool
I like it, so suck it @ barf

w/e man

w/e

Dragoon 07-01-2010 11:10 PM

As I mentioned in the math thread, I just started my first year on a B.S. in Computer Science.

Gearbox 07-02-2010 01:31 AM

I gotta work on a bunch of servers in a giant modular metal container for another 3 months.

Liam 07-04-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

wuddup

Oh hey this is my career path as well - beginning my first year of engineering in September, and planning on doing mechanical. My specialization is staying open for change though, depending on what I lean towards this year.

breakfast 07-04-2010 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
Oh hey this is my career path as well - beginning my first year of engineering in September, and planning on doing mechanical. My specialization is staying open for change though, depending on what I lean towards this year.

nice nice.

i'm planning on ending up in oil and gas but who knows. mechanical is so broad and awesome (and statics is fucking gay.... unfortunately i have to take a CIV E class this year)

Liam 07-04-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:
nice nice.

i'm planning on ending up in oil and gas but who knows. mechanical is so broad and awesome (and statics is fucking gay.... unfortunately i have to take a CIV E class this year)

My brother is a mech eng and is working with Shell in Alberta on the oil sands

breakfast 07-04-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
My brother is a mech eng and is working with Shell in Alberta on the oil sands

saweeeet

hook me up with a (what's left of the) summer job haha

Biddykins 07-05-2010 03:19 AM

So what does everyone plan to do with their lives after school, etc?

I wanna be a teacher. I'm currently about to do my final year of uni, then with my degree I'll need to go on to do two years of teacher training (but it's on the job, so I'll get paid whilst doing it!), then I'll be a proper teacher, yaaaay. Also, as I do music, I'll also be doing private lessons in my own time, and not telling mr tax man, so money money money.

CO3 07-05-2010 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddykins
So what does everyone plan to do with their lives after school, etc?

I wanna be a teacher. I'm currently about to do my final year of uni, then with my degree I'll need to go on to do two years of teacher training (but it's on the job, so I'll get paid whilst doing it!), then I'll be a proper teacher, yaaaay. Also, as I do music, I'll also be doing private lessons in my own time, and not telling mr tax man, so money money money.

Entrepreneur. I want that to be my life. Starting businesses, selling them or have them managed for me, and repeating the cycle. As soon as I get a degree that will get me a management position pretty much anywhere I'm going to start racking up experience. A management job will do fine until I can get enough good ideas. I'll start with low risk businesses, make a good plan, get a loan, go make shit happen as if my future depended on it, and repeat it until I'm bored. All the while I'll be saving, properly investing, and managing my risks until I can do whatever I want to do.