Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   Travel (/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Where in the world do you want to go? (/showthread.php?t=21493)

Kate 05-15-2010 05:34 AM

Where in the world do you want to go?

So to sister EM2915's thread, where would you like to travel to? And don't say "everywhere", let's make an actual discuss out of this.

I've always wanted to go and live in Ireland for an extended period of time. Possibly just totally move there on a forever type deal.

England has always been on my list. I've had like 5 trips there fall through so I'm damn determined to get there.

Greece

Italy

British Columbia

New York and for some reason Boston

CO3 05-15-2010 08:01 AM

I want to visit Berlin for the night life and I would like my spoken German to not be lost on everyone as it is here in the States.

Ireland, I hear, is very beautiful and I'd like to at least give it a prolonged viewing.

Listening to Dream Theater has given me the urge to see the Tuscan countryside, so long as I'm armed.

Eventually, I'd like to meet up with all of the active members of the forum that I like (sorry Bid) in real life, but that, along with any other travelling, is a bit too expensive to be realistic now. But it's on my list!

Sojive 05-17-2010 04:38 AM

Hawaii - I can never get enough of that place, but next time I'd like to stay on Oahu which is known to be the island with the most nightlife.

Amsterdam - Self explanatory :rolleyes:

South Korea
Sweden - Both because they're pretty big on gaming and stuff

Quote:
Eventually, I'd like to meet up with all of the active members of the forum that I like (sorry Bid) in real life, but that, along with any other travelling, is a bit too expensive to be realistic now. But it's on my list!

I'd love to be able to do this too, time to start saving up!

Liam 05-17-2010 08:28 PM

Asia - Thailand or Japan or something. That would be intense

Daisy 05-18-2010 01:24 PM

Tokyo!! omg...my dream :D

breakfast 06-30-2010 03:31 AM

i'd like to backpack europe, south east asia and south america

i'd like to work and live in australia for 6 months+ after i get my degree

i'll probably end up working/settling down in calgary or vancouver

Ceci 06-15-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Isaacs
London as to my knowledge it is most beautiful place in the world.

jokebot

ive moved to australia n made so many friends from all over the place so once im done here theres tons of places i wanna get out to. firstly ill do new zealand (seeing as im next door, might as well) and south east asia once im done, CANT WAIT, then probably sweden next. out of all the nationalities ive befriended mainly swedes! thats enough plans to last me a little while.. AND IM COMIN TO FIND RICK SOMEWHERE ON THE WAY!

Dragoon 06-16-2012 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceci
jokebot

ive moved to australia n made so many friends from all over the place so once im done here theres tons of places i wanna get out to. firstly ill do new zealand (seeing as im next door, might as well) and south east asia once im done, CANT WAIT, then probably sweden next. out of all the nationalities ive befriended mainly swedes! thats enough plans to last me a little while.. AND IM COMIN TO FIND RICK SOMEWHERE ON THE WAY!

Watch out for dropbears.

Ceci 08-07-2012 07:21 PM

ive been to sweden now. i went to stockholm for two weeks and its not very exciting. written that one off the list.. im gonna go fuji in a few months, once im done with this farm work i have to do.

.. 08-07-2012 09:17 PM

I just visited New York and met up with Kennen (hummer) finally after knowing him from here for 8 years or however long... took a train from NYC to Boston, staying in New Hampshire right now. Nothing exotic or new but its a nice vacation from the 110 degree heat in Oklahoma right now.

Dragoon 08-08-2012 07:23 AM

I'd like to go pretty much anywhere. I've been out of the county I was born in a handful of times, and rarely that far. Once to San Fran (about 300 miles south), but only for a few hours because my dad had an appointment at the VA hospital there. I intend to move after I graduate, if only because there are barely any jobs in this area for Comp Sci grads. Probably down towards the Bay Area, where tech jobs grow on trees and the streets are paved with startups.

As for more specific locations, Japan might be interesting (typical nerd answer). Plenty of places in Europe I'd like to visit; Rome would be nice, lots of fascinating old architecture to gawk at.