Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   Personal Interests (/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Crane Machines, yo! (/showthread.php?t=21515)

Godkarmachine O Inary 05-18-2010 04:45 AM

Crane Machines, yo!

So I enjoy crane machines. They're fun, and whenever I go by one I have to try it at least once. I win plenty of shit from them, stuffed animals, jewelry, watches, and things like that. It's my mini-addiction in that I can spend like $5 on it. Not much, but I still feel bad spending $5 trying to get crappy prizes.

I won some rings and a watch tonight.

You guys enjoy them?

Kate 05-18-2010 05:24 AM

I didn't think it was possible to succeed with one of those things. I honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone win. I'm definitely jealous, I've always wanted to win something out of there.

CO3 05-18-2010 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
I didn't think it was possible to succeed with one of those things. I honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone win. I'm definitely jealous, I've always wanted to win something out of there.

I got really good at these when I was little. Enough that I got merchandise that was valuable enough for me to not lose my money. It usually took me 2 or 3 tries and sadly most of the stuff in the crane machines are damn near impossible to fish out. In a lot of them they ARE impossible.

Biddykins 11-09-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate

The ones at alton towers (theme park in the UK) are definitely impossible. The good prizes, at least, are way too heavy for the claw to pick up. You can see the claw pick them up, then they just slip out as the claw opens back up slowly due to the weight. I'm not quite sure how they're legal actually...

Dragoon 11-09-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddykins
The ones at alton towers (theme park in the UK) are definitely impossible. The good prizes, at least, are way too heavy for the claw to pick up. You can see the claw pick them up, then they just slip out as the claw opens back up slowly due to the weight. I'm not quite sure how they're legal actually...

There's one in the arcade near here that's full of heavy, perfectly spherical prizes. What the fuck, Tilt?

Godkarmachine O Inary 12-14-2010 02:48 AM

You guys fucking suck. After that post I've won 3 more watches. An S&M&M (Red M&M in leather) a Skull-faced bunny, a polar bear, a snowman, a penguin, a cal state university bear, some bracelets, a few earrings, shitty speakers for an iPod, and a bunch of other crap.

Get to it boys!

kitty4uhig 02-13-2011 01:50 AM

新加的空白文章16

这是新加的空白文章16,可以在UBB可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。

Ceci 02-23-2011 12:01 AM

my mum used to always win me stuffed toys from them as a kid. now for the majority of the time theyre physically impossible. i think theyve changed the models over time.

infact thinking about it, i watched the real hustle a while back (english show) and they explained how the claws are rigged to be strong enough to grab the prize only once every 14th go or something like that.

i like the 2p machines. ive won quite a lot of shit from them. years back me n my mates used to rob the coins from the various water fountains in town to spend on the 1p and 2p machines on the pier

Rick 07-03-2011 04:23 AM

I'm really good at these, I always win whatever girlfriend I have at the time a stuffed animal haha.

I used to play em all the time, so you learn little tricks depending on the type of the crane :D

goodvion 07-22-2012 03:55 AM

In the arcade that's full of heavy, perfectly spherical prizes.