Nexodyne Forums

Nexodyne Forums (/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Outta Here (/showthread.php?t=21634)

EM2915 12-23-2010 02:15 PM

Outta Here

Thanks for keeping up with a good site. Unfortunately it's long past dead, so I guess it's about that time to head out. Adios.

Dragoon 12-23-2010 06:02 PM

Doesn't really take that much time out of my day to check back here a couple times a day and make a few posts a week. I'm willing to wait things out and see if we can get things going again.

Anyway, see ya around EM.

breakfast 12-27-2010 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
Doesn't really take that much time out of my day to check back here a couple times a day and make a few posts a week. I'm willing to wait things out and see if we can get things going again.

Anyway, see ya around EM.

the horse has long been dead. i think it's about time we stop kicking it.

ideas have been proposed time and time again but no one has stepped up to take them any further. it's done.

btsx 12-29-2010 03:12 AM

good game

Nuke_is_Good 12-29-2010 11:19 AM

Problem was, what did the forum offer unique after Neopets related stuff was gone? Some members stuck around but yeah.

Also:

Holy fuck there are way too many sub boards, I can't justify that many sub boards even with higher activity.

Dragoon 12-29-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke_is_Good
Problem was, what did the forum offer unique after Neopets related stuff was gone? Some members stuck around but yeah.

Also:

Holy fuck there are way too many sub boards, I can't justify that many sub boards even with higher activity.

I agree. Little enough to keep current members around, and nothing to attract new users.

I also agree regarding the number of boards. A lot of them are similar enough that they could be bundled together into less boards, too--we have, for example, an Arts board and a Visual Arts board. Mental Health and Physical Fitness could also fall under the same heading. Science and Technology could also go together (this would leave the General Academic board alone in its category, so I would suggest moving it to General and renaming it as Academia or somesuch). The Shitter and Found it on the Internet could also be merged.

A lot of the boards in the Living category only have a handful of posts, and could probably be disposed of entirely, at least until/unless we manage to get an active userbase capable of supporting such niche topics as spirituality and outdoorsmanship.

rhinoceros 12-29-2010 08:32 PM

yea i dont give visit this place anymore either. i've gone over to the shroomery and visit their forums more often, it's way cooler.

Ceci 02-22-2011 10:27 PM

maybe its because people have lifes now?

and if we want to keep friendships we can do that in other manners