View Single Post

Old 05-30-2010, 01:19 PM
C0unt3r-Str1k3 G0d

X-Factor is a jewel in the roughX-Factor is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to X-Factor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godkarmachine O Inary
Problem with the shopper card is they find ways to still fuck you on the price. Safeway is closer to me, but I often drive past it to WinCo because a sale from them is sometimes $1 more than the price at WinCo. Other times it is indeed a sale, so they aren't always bad.

Shopping around is another good way to save money. There's three stores around me, and often times I find something cheaper at one store than I do the other. It's time consuming, but you'll save cash (unless you're burning gas to get between stores).

That's true. At least during college, I just bought the stuff on sale. I didn't have the means to get from store to store to shop for prices. I ended up shopping at Giant all the time.

Also, you could try stores that aren't necessarily American. I.e. H-Mart is a good place to get vegetables. I find that they have much greater variety and can be cheaper too.
~~ Antec 900 | Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H | AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition @ 3.616GHz | Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro | ATI Radeon HD5770 | 2x2GB G.Skill 6400 Pi Black RAM (CAS4) 800 Mhz | Corsair 450VX PSU | 1x250GB HDD + 1x640GB/1x500GB WD Caviar Black | Saitek Eclipse II | Logitech MX-518 | Acer 20" x2 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit~~