View Single Post

Old 04-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Retired

JoeyTheEvilSheep is a God.JoeyTheEvilSheep is a God.JoeyTheEvilSheep is a God.JoeyTheEvilSheep is a God.JoeyTheEvilSheep is a God.JoeyTheEvilSheep is a God.JoeyTheEvilSheep is a God.JoeyTheEvilSheep is a God.JoeyTheEvilSheep is a God.JoeyTheEvilSheep is a God.JoeyTheEvilSheep is a God.
Truth be told, I hate/love my job. But... I'm happy as hell to have a job. The two positions I turned down in IT were just abolished (layoffs, poor guys). I ended up taking the job in HR with the government, which is the complete opposite of everything I've ever wanted my whole life. I have a passion for complex problems and software... but I am pretty awful at them. All in all, this job was probably the best thing that's happened to me.

HR brings something new every day. It's not quite as boring as I thought it would be; things can be as complex or as simple as you make them. I spend at least a day a week shaking things up at work. In the words of my boss at my interim review: "You have taught us how to laugh, how to be a team, and how to argue." I regularly brief civilian managers and military officials, something that I used to be deathly afraid of. The stress has been bad for my health, but I'm working on taking care of that.

Overall, I'm happy as hell to be working. Now if I could just get these relationship issues taken care of.