Thread: hi all
View Single Post

Old 04-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
Speaking of which...

Anyway, most of these posts appear to be from real humans anyway so I don't know how well a humanity-verification question would work. For the time being, I'd say it's not a big enough issue to be worth the effort of stopping it.

Edit: Although, as a thought, perhaps we could disable signatures and links for anyone who doesn't have, say, 10 posts? I'm sure there's a vB addon out there that does this.

New users (under like 10 or so posts) can't post any messages with links in them (although signatures still can).

The way I implemented it, if a new user posts a message with a link, it doesn't given any error, but the posts just doesn't appear. This possibly explains the occasional "test" posts, presumably by such people trying to work out whether the site is broken after their posts with ad. links in never appear.