View Single Post

Old 04-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Nexodyne Newbie

SnoringFrog is on a distinguished road
An interpreter/compiler is on my list of things to do with these as well, eventually. Once I finish up my current brainfuck project (just squaring a one-digit interger from input, though I might end up making it two digits now that I can convert multi-digit values to the right string of ascii codes), I want to start working on a program that takes plain text and encodes it as a brainfuck program.

The initial version will be simple, but terribly inefficient (put the letter in one cell, output it, reset the cell to zero, move on to the next letter), then I'll start tweaking it to make it a bit more useful. The end goal is to eventually an automated way of going from plain text to braincopter and inserting it into an image.

The other thing I want to try to do is assemble a decent polyglot (program that runs in multiple languages). That's not strictly an esoteric language thing, but I'll probably use a few in it. My friend gave me the idea of making it print out JA*H (just another [insert lang being used here] hacker) in each language, so I think I'm going to go with that. Worst case I'll just downgrade to having an identical message all across the board.