View Single Post

Old 07-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Administrator
I am Bid!  
Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfast
having no plan/routine and just hoping that whatever you do will work is probably the worst way you can go about your fitness

you should be setting REALISTIC goals... realistic being the keyword. you can say that you want to drop 30 pounds but is it realistic for you?? do you really SEE yourself dropping that weight??

set short term goals and long term goals. ie:

-this month i want to cheat my diet/routine no more than 4 times.
-in the next 4 months i want to lose 10 pounds

keep in mind that once you drop that weight you need to keep up your routine in order to keep them off or else you'll just be rubber balling (drop weight then rise back up, and on and on)

try going for a run every day (or if you can't do a 20 minute jog, work up from a walk to a brisk walk to a slow jog, etc.)

-if you're treadmilling, try and add another minute or 2 every day or every other day
-if you're running outside, tack on another km every week

ps: i didn't proofread this post at all and just kinda wrote what i thought of at the time
pps: 140 lbs sounds excessively lean to me

I've set my self a goal of being 10lbs leaner in a months time. From there I'll just go with it til I think I look good, but a bit of weight loss will boost me to start with. 140 is pretty lean, but I'm a pretty tiny guy, so it's not too small. It'll probably be more than that what with muscle and everything too. I've been taking the dog for a 30 minute run every morning, and sort of counting my calories, but not exactly. I'm assuming what things have in them, then just making sure I stay below 1500. E.g. today I had a pear, a cheese sandwich with a pear and orange for lunch, then a jacket potato (fill you right up, and they only have like 300 calories in!) with some peas for my dinner. I think I've done rather well today, and I lost 2lbs since last week!
"If he is not smart enough to invent something to improve his own quality of life how is he smart enough to tell us all there is no GOD"