View Single Post

Old 09-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Biceps made out of Steel Cobras

.. is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to .. Send a message via MSN to ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
The fact that it's such a difficult concept to grasp makes it all the more fascinating to me.

It would be nice to know how it all started, but would it make a difference? Religious people who honestly believe in their creation myths look to their beginnings for purpose in their lives, which creates a false sense of purpose... So they end up going about their lives living for their religion rather than spending their lives trying to better humanity. "Knowing" how you were created causes these people to live selfishly, living out their purpose that is associated with their religion... As a species we need to realize that our purpose is to better our species and set aside just about everything else, an individual may be immortalized for his/her life accomplishments, but being immortalized only goes so far. If the general population could set aside their differences and focus on a common objective, no matter what the objective was, it would be possible for us to accomplish. There is always resistance, I know its a very idealistic idea, you can call me a dreamer.... but I'm not the only one.