View Single Post

Old 06-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Contributor

aaaaa is just really niceaaaaa is just really niceaaaaa is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to aaaaa Send a message via MSN to aaaaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO3
Southern accents are by no means an indicator of poor education; being American is.

Of course. I consider myself a very intelligent person, it's just what I was raised around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
wow how did that even happen? Who's in charge of language down there? the circus maybe? perhaps the traveling variety? I can appreciate terms like "y'all" but used to could doesn't even sound like it ever made sense. Why haven't I come across this one yet on the internet?

Well, in general, look at the South. I hate to bust our on balls, but as a whole the South is fucking retarded. We are years behind every other regions in most things, if not everything. Racism is still a big thing down here depending on which city or even part of the city you're in, and from what I can tell, other regions don't have near as big as a problem with it. I know the thread isn't about that, but as an example, it takes years and years for things to change down here.

The Bible Belt is full of people who are close minded as fuck, and are scared / intimidated by anything they know nothing about. I fucking hate it here so bad, but I also love it with an equal strength.

Northern accents and sayings are weird to us too. You'll never here ANYBODY down here say "I want a soda pop" and if you do, you automatically know they aren't from here. There's a lot of words that northerners use that we don't that we find very weird when used in everyday speak.