View Single Post

Old 09-10-2007, 03:15 AM
Contributor

Trilex will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trilex
Well you main problem is that you're drawing incorrectly. It doesn't matter what kind of brush you use to draw, seeing as all the specialty brushes are for painting, not drawing. I generally just use the regular brush to draw, as it is the most convenient.

You start with insanely rough sketches to plot out what you want to draw.

Then you work on what you had planned, still keeping it rough but fixing it up more and more. You eventually start cleaning up and making it neat and tidy. The eraser side of the pen is your best friend. Carve it away bit by bit. I started cleaning up the dolls face there to show you what I mean. Sadly I don't have any saved documentation of the process from the first pic to the second, but mainly all you have to know is that it takes a lot of planning/roughwork.

This one has ways to go before even being ready for painting, most of the content I have planned isn't even drawn yet. I'll post it once done if you want. Good luck and keep practising.

PS. Working on a huge canvas size IS the correct way of doing it. That way when you scale it down it looks smoother and more pro. Also, if you have a really large file of the artowrk, you can make large prints in very good quality.