Go Back   Nexodyne Forums > General > Off Topic
Reload this Page Going into the USMC
User Name
Password

Old 08-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Wordy Wordy Wordpants!

CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
I dunno CO3, I don't think today's economical climate is the best time frame to be taking a few years off school to pursue a pipe dream. Maybe you'll give up after two years and do your IT thing but good luck getting a job while unemployment is still rising.

Might want to be wishing me luck to get a job right now. Half the town is laid off and nobody is hiring. I couldn't afford school even if I wanted to go right now.

Besides, the economy is supposed to pull itself together after a while. In 2 years things should be better and not worse.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Biceps made out of Steel Cobras

rhinoceros is just really nicerhinoceros is just really nicerhinoceros is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to rhinoceros Send a message via MSN to rhinoceros
I'm at Case Western Reserve University right now planning a major in Biochemistry without pre-med. The marines are fucking sweet and I have a few friends there who love it. If it's what you want to do, power to you, Rick!

Old 08-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Retired

Elite has a spectacular aura aboutElite has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Elite Send a message via Yahoo to Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSturm
I'm at Case Western Reserve University right now planning a major in Biochemistry without pre-med. The marines are fucking sweet and I have a few friends there who love it. If it's what you want to do, power to you, Rick!

I am finishing up my Biochemistry major at University of Toronto, its a tough one and your gpa will hurt once you finish

I know a friend who started the M.D program at Case Western last yr, not entirely sure how the pre-med works in USA but I'd do it if I were you just to keep more options open for the future.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Contributor

breakfast is a jewel in the roughbreakfast is a jewel in the rough
Good luck.

I'm starting my first year of Engineering tomorrow.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Retired

Elite has a spectacular aura aboutElite has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Elite Send a message via Yahoo to Elite
will be starting final yr of HBSc. in 10 days, 2 more semesters then med school

Old 09-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Administrator
I am Bid!  
Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Omega v.3.0
At the moment I'm taking a break from college to pursue a music career. I've given it a time frame of 2 years to work before I no longer consider it. This is because I'm not in a hurry to rush through school and get a job. That's boring and monotonous.

Once I'm done with Computer Science I'm getting relevant certifications at the time of my graduation and getting a job in IT. Where I go from there I'll base on what I want at the time.

I'm writing in my spare time for my own benefit. If something comes from it, that's great. If not it wont matter to me.

Regardless of whatever is on the list I know I'm going to have fun and enjoy myself. That fact alone is enough to suffice, even if I wanted to write for a living. There's nothing wrong with that.

Especially because I can drop 250k words out of my ass about anything in ten minutes or less. Eventually one would hit. I believe that Twilight proves you don't have to be good to be successful.

The first sentence made it sound epic fail, but the general place seems cool. I hate the whole education system, and that you need a piece of paper to show you can do something, ugh.
"If he is not smart enough to invent something to improve his own quality of life how is he smart enough to tell us all there is no GOD"

Old 09-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Wordy Wordy Wordpants!

CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddykins
The first sentence made it sound epic fail, but the general place seems cool. I hate the whole education system, and that you need a piece of paper to show you can do something, ugh.

You and I both. I can understand it to a certain extent, but it still pisses me off to a certain extent. We all have potentially long lives ahead of us and I don't think I want to be out of college and in a job by 25 rushing to get to the top of a hierarchy that means nothing in the grander aspects of life.

It's perfect for some people, but not for me. If I don't start that whole process until I'm 30, that's all fine with me. I think at 30 I want to be where I'll be spending the largest portion of my life. When I go back to school I'm going to probably not take any time off and go through it all in about 3-5 years anyhow.

In this day and age I think it's a lot more acceptable and makes a lot more sense.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Nexodyne God

Kamil is a name known to allKamil is a name known to allKamil is a name known to allKamil is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Kamil
Seems like a sweet job Rick, work hard and I hope you succeed in it.

As for myself, class starts tomorrow! Yikes!
I'm heading into 3rd year university, studying philosophy and economics. It's likely (crossed fingers) that i'll be the president of the undergraduate philosophy students society this year. I also have to work my ass off (again) this year to get a good GPA. I'll be writing the LSAT the upcoming summer and I hope to get into a good canadian law school (crossed fingers).

Old 09-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Arrrgh

Hydrogen has a spectacular aura aboutHydrogen has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hydrogen
i started university a couple weeks ago, going into applied computer science at the university of winnipeg

Old 09-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Contributor

Xoenix has a spectacular aura aboutXoenix has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Xoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Well, I have lost my job, I do have no direction in life (well, had I should say), and I ran out of money. It also was a great way for me to clean up off drugs, I stopped dealing completely and haven't done any drugs in a couple months now.

Those are all secondary reasons however; the main reason is that it just is a career I've always wanted.. I just was too scared to go before.

You're lucky you got out of the game soon enough
I'd give anything to have done that now...
Good luck in the marines

Old 09-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Contributor of Idiocy

Rick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoenix
You're lucky you got out of the game soon enough
I'd give anything to have done that now...
Good luck in the marines

Yeah, 6 years was long enough for me. I had my share of scares with the cops, I'd been jacked, too much shit and I honestly was just so tired of it.
(7:32:05 PM) Crescent0mega: brb smoking this 4 year old cock

Old 09-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Nexodyne God

Kamil is a name known to allKamil is a name known to allKamil is a name known to allKamil is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Kamil
Crime doesn't pay.
Most time you can make more money with a steady legit job than with black market stuff.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Wordy Wordy Wordpants!

See? What the hell did I say?

What I want in life is completely different now. The very fact of me trying to form a timeline made me rethink the whole thing.

I've chosen another career and I will tell you at a later time. No it's not a male prostitute... my man tits don't mull over well.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:15 AM
Contributor of Idiocy

Rick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus
Crime doesn't pay.
Most time you can make more money with a steady legit job than with black market stuff.

Oh it paid, and pays. I was making an average of 3k a week in cash, the most I ever got was 2 grand in one night. The only problem is when you do shit like that, you tend to have a different mindset (make money spend money mindset), and you blow it all on useless shit like clothes and nice shit for your girlfriend, or expensive dinners, or 5 star hotels.
(7:32:05 PM) Crescent0mega: brb smoking this 4 year old cock

Old 09-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Contributor

Eniisa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Because it is a job I would enjoy, and something I want.

I remember you telling me about this in 2006 & about how you want to be a sniper. I'm glad you're pursuing your dream (as cheesy as that sounds)

On a side note, I wonder how Loch Down is doing, haha.