Go Back   Nexodyne Forums > Living > Technology
Reload this Page I feel like I dont 'get' the iPad
User Name
Password

Old 06-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Administrator
I am Bid!  
Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.
I feel like I dont 'get' the iPad

It's just a big iPhone, without the ability to ring people? I'm normally up on my tech things, but I feel like I'm just out of the loop with the iPad. Am I missing some amazing new innovation, or is it really just a big, clunky, useless iPhone?
"If he is not smart enough to invent something to improve his own quality of life how is he smart enough to tell us all there is no GOD"

Old 06-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Biceps made out of Steel Cobras

Liam is a jewel in the roughLiam is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Liam
I'm guessing the latter. Most people I talk to about it are like "ITS LIKE HAVING THE INTERNET IN YOUR HANDS!!" but I mean... wtf? Its also missing WiFi. Apparently here in Canada they're about to change the method in which they bill 3G internet users (iPad users) so that it becomes a ton more expensive based on the amount of data that they use. But they only decided to do this after Apple sold a metric asstonne of iPads.

In any case, I'm happy with the absolutely sick under priced laptop I found on Newegg

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...N82E16834220696

If you read this sentence you are gay.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Biceps made out of Steel Cobras

Dawgy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dawgy Send a message via MSN to Dawgy
You probably don't get the iPad because you don't buy into the hype. All it is is a super-sized iPod touch and not much else. I fail to see the wonder that this device brings.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:27 AM
Retired

Gearbox will become famous soon enough
Basically, the iPad is an attempt to breathe life in the concept of tablet computing. Many companies have made tablet PCs, but usually not at the level of quality control and polish that Apple does. If you do not seem interested in the iPad, you probably never cared for a tablet PC to begin with.

Personally, I own a desktop-replacement laptop, a netbook, and even an eBook reader so I've covered just about everything that an iPad does or is featured to do, and if I were to buy one it would just be for redundancy.