Go Back   Nexodyne Forums > General > Off Topic
Reload this Page Going into the USMC
User Name
Password

Old 08-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Contributor of Idiocy

Rick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to behold
Black Star Going into the USMC

I've decided to enlist in the US Marines Corps. Took the asvab, got my physical, all that shit..

Going in tomorrow to get sworn in and sign my contract. I'll be leaving for boot camp around December, I'll find out the exact date tomorrow.

What's new in everyone else's lives? Anything big?
(7:32:05 PM) Crescent0mega: brb smoking this 4 year old cock

Old 08-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Contributor

Pandu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Pandu
nothing, why you joining the usmc?
fact: pandu has a large penis

Old 08-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Contributor of Idiocy

Rick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to beholdRick is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandu1986
nothing, why you joining the usmc?

Because it is a job I would enjoy, and something I want.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Retired

Elite has a spectacular aura aboutElite has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Elite Send a message via Yahoo to Elite
will be heading off to med school next yr

Old 08-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Wordy Wordy Wordpants!

CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
will be heading off to med school next yr

This scares me.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Contributor

Pandu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Pandu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Because it is a job I would enjoy, and something I want.

so just cause its something you want to do? No other reason, like you want them to pay for your college, stuff like that?

Nothing wrong with joining the USMC I suppose, just kinda figured most people only do it for a particular reason, like payment of education, or cause they are going no where else with their life, or something like that. (Probably a misconception, but meh the few people that I know that have actually joined airforce, navy, usmc, and army, all had their own reasons, but mostly it was because joining the army would benefit them in someway in their near future)
fact: pandu has a large penis

Old 08-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Omega v.3.0
This scares me.

it beats trying to a land a book deal for a financially secured career

Old 08-25-2009, 07:21 AM
Wordy Wordy Wordpants!

CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.CO3 is a God.
Quote:
it beats trying to a land a book deal for a financially secured career

That's nowhere near the top of my list for careers.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Omega v.3.0
That's nowhere near the top of my list for careers.

lets see the list champ

Old 08-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Wordy Wordy Wordpants!

Quote:
lets see the list champ

At the moment I'm taking a break from college to pursue a music career. I've given it a time frame of 2 years to work before I no longer consider it. This is because I'm not in a hurry to rush through school and get a job. That's boring and monotonous.

Once I'm done with Computer Science I'm getting relevant certifications at the time of my graduation and getting a job in IT. Where I go from there I'll base on what I want at the time.

I'm writing in my spare time for my own benefit. If something comes from it, that's great. If not it wont matter to me.

Regardless of whatever is on the list I know I'm going to have fun and enjoy myself. That fact alone is enough to suffice, even if I wanted to write for a living. There's nothing wrong with that.

Especially because I can drop 250k words out of my ass about anything in ten minutes or less. Eventually one would hit. I believe that Twilight proves you don't have to be good to be successful.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Biceps made out of Steel Cobras

.. is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to .. Send a message via MSN to ..
Good luck CO3, I have a friend who took a break last year, hes taking a break this year too, and hes talking about taking a break next year again. Not that he has no ambition, or wants to enjoy his time sitting in front of a computer way too often or working a dead end job, hes just lazy. I figure, the faster I finish my school, the sooner I'll be able to sit around and enjoy a not so monotonous life. Good luck Rick, be careful and wear a tin foil helmet to avoid mind control.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Wordy Wordy Wordpants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..
Good luck CO3, I have a friend who took a break last year, hes taking a break this year too, and hes talking about taking a break next year again. Not that he has no ambition, or wants to enjoy his time sitting in front of a computer way too often or working a dead end job, hes just lazy. I figure, the faster I finish my school, the sooner I'll be able to sit around and enjoy a not so monotonous life. Good luck Rick, be careful and wear a tin foil helmet to avoid mind control.

Half the reason I'm taking this break is to also contemplate and explore other career possibilities. I don't like making long term plans because I end up changing what I like and don't like over medium to long periods of time.

Not so long ago I wanted to go to school and be an artist. I was sure I'd never change my mind and just knew that it was all I wanted to do.

Now I don't even think about it anymore. If I still want to get into IT by the time my music shit is up, then I'll go right back to it. If I'm not interested enough to educate myself in it, odds are it's not the right choice.

Who knows? Maybe my band will achieve some form of success and I can do what I love for a job. It sounds like a cliche but it's right. You can't give up because it takes too long, and I don't think I ever will. I'm not going to sit around jobless waiting for someone from a record label to call me, either.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Contributor of Idiocy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandu1986
so just cause its something you want to do? No other reason, like you want them to pay for your college, stuff like that?

Nothing wrong with joining the USMC I suppose, just kinda figured most people only do it for a particular reason, like payment of education, or cause they are going no where else with their life, or something like that. (Probably a misconception, but meh the few people that I know that have actually joined airforce, navy, usmc, and army, all had their own reasons, but mostly it was because joining the army would benefit them in someway in their near future)

Well, I have lost my job, I do have no direction in life (well, had I should say), and I ran out of money. It also was a great way for me to clean up off drugs, I stopped dealing completely and haven't done any drugs in a couple months now.

Those are all secondary reasons however; the main reason is that it just is a career I've always wanted.. I just was too scared to go before.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Contributor

EM2915 is just really niceEM2915 is just really niceEM2915 is just really nice
Green Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Well, I have lost my job, I do have no direction in life (well, had I should say), and I ran out of money. It also was a great way for me to clean up off drugs, I stopped dealing completely and haven't done any drugs in a couple months now.

Those are all secondary reasons however; the main reason is that it just is a career I've always wanted.. I just was too scared to go before.

Sorry to hear about recent events, it's good that your going to be doing something that you think you would enjoy, good to hear your clean as well. Good luck best of wishes to your future.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Biceps made out of Steel Cobras

Liam is a jewel in the roughLiam is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Liam
I dunno CO3, I don't think today's economical climate is the best time frame to be taking a few years off school to pursue a pipe dream. Maybe you'll give up after two years and do your IT thing but good luck getting a job while unemployment is still rising.

If you read this sentence you are gay.