Go Back   Nexodyne Forums > General > Off Topic
Reload this Page Wow
User Name
Password

Old 08-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Nexodyne Member

James is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to James Send a message via MSN to James Send a message via Yahoo to James
Wow

Ever have that moment... Wow its still here. I haven't been on here in so long. Hows everyone doing? Last time I was on here all yall were going to college. And ghost had disappeared. Lmao at Neopets. I thought I was an awesome hacker cuz I had beast.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Contributor Pirate

Dragoon is a jewel in the roughDragoon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Dragoon
I still check in every couple of days, and I see maybe 1-2 new posts a week at best (not counting spam). I assume whoever ended up in charge of the site (Iridium?) still makes enough money off the ad unit to make it worth keeping the site up. I'd probably post more if other people started being active again.

I graduated in May (BS in Comp Sci), and am now gainfully employed as a web developer for a publishing company. Rather enjoying having money, and I actually enjoy my job as well so that's a big bonus.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
... I assume whoever ended up in charge of the site (Iridium?) still makes enough money off the ad unit to make it worth keeping the site up...

Not even close...

Though, I like having my own little dedicated server available - it has its uses, and it runs a few other sites too.

In fact, we've been a client of the same dedicated server company so long that they recently upgraded our decrepit old Pentium 4 server with 1GB of RAM to a fancy new one for free!

Old 09-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Nexodyne Member

Send a message via AIM to James Send a message via MSN to James Send a message via Yahoo to James
Lmao which poses the question. Where did we all end up? It's been 10+ years? I've had a shitty go at the world. It's a great story though. Damn man whats yours? BS working for a big company? That's awesome how did you do it?

Old 09-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Contributor

Dementor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dementor Send a message via MSN to Dementor
Check in everyone once in awhile. Just moved out to Vegas last year with the wife a daughter and so far loving it. Got really tired of NYC and needed something new so I came out here. Everything is great!

Old 09-21-2014, 06:08 AM
Contributor Pirate

Dragoon is a jewel in the roughDragoon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Dragoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium
Not even close...

Though, I like having my own little dedicated server available - it has its uses, and it runs a few other sites too.

In fact, we've been a client of the same dedicated server company so long that they recently upgraded our decrepit old Pentium 4 server with 1GB of RAM to a fancy new one for free!

Ah, didn't know it was dedicated. I have a shared hosting plan with Dreamhost (same company, I think) and I'm making enough just about enough ad revenue to pay for it off the word generator script I made.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Biceps made out of Steel Cobras

Liam is a jewel in the roughLiam is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Liam
What is dead may never die

If you read this sentence you are gay.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:36 PM
Contributor

Pandu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Pandu
wow surprised to see that this place is still alive and that people actually are posting still.

Amazing, also hello old friends lol.
fact: pandu has a large penis

Old 10-26-2014, 04:24 AM
Administrator
I am Bid!  
Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.
So what's everyone doing in life? I manage 2/3rds of a large supermarket, and am hoping to move as high up the $$ ladder as I can in the company. I came out of Uni with a degree in audio systems engineering but was so burned out on all that after uni that I ended up just turning my part time job into full time and going up the management ladder, which I've found surprisingly enjoyable. For some reason I imagine the majority of jobs are going to be IT based from you guys?
"If he is not smart enough to invent something to improve his own quality of life how is he smart enough to tell us all there is no GOD"

Old 10-31-2014, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.
I'm now a software engineer (surprise) for CreativeLive.com. Before that I was a software engineer at NetApp, and before that I was getting my masters in Computer Science.

I live in Austin now, with my boyfriend. I just moved here a few months ago from San Francisco, where I lived for a year. While there I met Mitchell!! He created some software that all the engineers at my company (and many other companies) use on a minute-by-minute basis. Pretty awesome how that worked out.

Also, I have a domain availability alert going for digibliss.com, because, fuck those guys. neo_grl....

I get to missing our little community a lot every once in a while. I don't know that communities like this really happen much on the internet any more - if they do, I'm not a part of it.

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers."
Carl Sagan

Old 11-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Nexodyne Member

As for me I travel the country contracting with WalMart. It's a good job and has it's ups and downs My company pays for my health insurance. So thats a bonus every week. I'd say life is good on my side of the world. I'm not married and have no kids. That puts me on an entire different playing field than alot of my High School buddies. Pretty cool though. It seems like we all found some success. Makes a world of difference

Old 11-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Contributor

Jakub is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi! Haven't logged in in over a year but I lurk from time to time. I'm still living in Chicago, currently working for a computer repair shop 6 days a week. Recently broke up with my bf of a year and am taking it slow.

Bored out of my mind, I want to do something but i'm 25, and still have no idea what direction I want to go in. Should I go back to school? Can I get a decent IT Job without a degree??? Who knows.

Been depressed much lately everyday is the same thing over and over again, have thought about either moving to the west coast, or even going to the UK. They're all just small ideas floating around not even sure if I'll ever fully commit to either.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christouffer
I'm now a software engineer (surprise) for CreativeLive.com. Before that I was a software engineer at NetApp, and before that I was getting my masters in Computer Science.

I live in Austin now, with my boyfriend. I just moved here a few months ago from San Francisco, where I lived for a year. While there I met Mitchell!! He created some software that all the engineers at my company (and many other companies) use on a minute-by-minute basis. Pretty awesome how that worked out.

Also, I have a domain availability alert going for digibliss.com, because, fuck those guys. neo_grl....

I get to missing our little community a lot every once in a while. I don't know that communities like this really happen much on the internet any more - if they do, I'm not a part of it.

It concerns me somewhat that neo_grl is probably about 20 now, though I sort of hope she looks like the Honey Boo-boo's mother...

Old 11-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.
I think she's gotta be early/mid twenties now. She wasn't much younger than me and I'm 27.

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers."
Carl Sagan

Old 11-16-2014, 03:25 AM
Administrator
I am Bid!  
Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.Biddykins is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium
It concerns me somewhat that neo_grl is probably about 20 now, though I sort of hope she looks like the Honey Boo-boo's mother...

It would be beautiful if she returned and was like 'you guys ruined my life'.
"If he is not smart enough to invent something to improve his own quality of life how is he smart enough to tell us all there is no GOD"