Go Back   Nexodyne Forums > General > Off Topic
Reload this Page Bitcoin Trading Bot?
User Name
Password

Old 12-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.
Bitcoin Trading Bot?

Do any of you folks know of a good Bitcoin trading bot? I'm currently trying https://github.com/askmike/gekko in simulated mode, but its lost about 30% of my simulated money in 5 days.

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers."
Carl Sagan

Old 12-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Contributor

breakfast is a jewel in the roughbreakfast is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christouffer
Do any of you folks know of a good Bitcoin trading bot? I'm currently trying https://github.com/askmike/gekko in simulated mode, but its lost about 30% of my simulated money in 5 days.

Wouldn't that suggest your strategy is flawed, not the bot?

Old 01-14-2015, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.Christouffer is a God.
I think the bot comprises a large part of the strategy. Maybe the bot is good...though, I'm not sure what settings to give it.

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers."
Carl Sagan

Old 01-28-2015, 07:29 PM
Contributor

breakfast is a jewel in the roughbreakfast is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christouffer
I think the bot comprises a large part of the strategy. Maybe the bot is good...though, I'm not sure what settings to give it.

Better late than never here but from a quick look at their documentation it appears that you can configure the logic as you please to design your own parameters for executing a trade. Check out the configuration and trading methods documentation.

I have no personal experience working with these bots but I'm sure there's some great discussion online elsewhere regarding the general strategies applying to BTC and equities trading as well.