hi all

I am new here.

just to say hello to everyone!

it seams that I finally found what I've been looking for a while

Old 10-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Contributor Pirate

Dragoon is a jewel in the roughDragoon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Dragoon
This post seems oddly familiar. Two people using the same spambot settings, or one person who decided to hit the same mostly-dead forum twice in a week?

Edit: I just realized that nearly all of the activity on Nexodyne is now driven by spambots and our responses to their threads. They're pretty much the only thing keeping this place even remotely active. Depressing.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Nexodyne Newbie

01Aaron is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 01Aaron
Welcome!
You will like it here.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Contributor Pirate

Spammers spamming spammers.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Nexodyne Member

screaminmonkee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to screaminmonkee Send a message via MSN to screaminmonkee
Hahhaha, what it is they are using a program called "XRumer" basically it searches the internet for forums and they post. If you notice, in their signature there's links to their website. When Google is crawling this page, they see their links in their signature and Google automatically assumes it's important and it ranks their page higher in the rankings. For example, that fucker wants to rank his WoW goldselling site. Best way to beat this bullshit is to add "If you are a human, what color is your shit" something very random that everyone knows the answer to.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Contributor

Jakub is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminmonkee
Hahhaha, what it is they are using a program called "XRumer" basically it searches the internet for forums and they post. If you notice, in their signature there's links to their website. When Google is crawling this page, they see their links in their signature and Google automatically assumes it's important and it ranks their page higher in the rankings. For example, that fucker wants to rank his WoW goldselling site. Best way to beat this bullshit is to add "If you are a human, what color is your shit" something very random that everyone knows the answer to.

Would this be a part of the whole marketing thing?

Old 04-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Contributor Pirate

Quote:

Speaking of which...

Anyway, most of these posts appear to be from real humans anyway so I don't know how well a humanity-verification question would work. For the time being, I'd say it's not a big enough issue to be worth the effort of stopping it.

Edit: Although, as a thought, perhaps we could disable signatures and links for anyone who doesn't have, say, 10 posts? I'm sure there's a vB addon out there that does this.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:27 AM
Nexodyne Member

Send a message via AIM to screaminmonkee Send a message via MSN to screaminmonkee
They appear to be real humans anyways, but they aren't. Unless they have ALOT, and I mean ALOT of time on their hands. For example the TV show thread where those fuckers are posting their favorite tv shows, it's actually lulzworthy cause it looks legit, but probably the program they are using has tags, for tv shows, posts this, for books, post this, for welcome thread, post this...catch my drift? One thing you could do, it won't stop them but you'll troll them is to make all the links on the board nofollow, so google won't index them. That way, the spammers aren't getting no benefit from spamming this forum. Ayyyy? That'll teach em.

Also OCR, nowadays all OCR can be broken, even Google's recaptcha, they say the russian mafia is who owns Xrumer (the software is like 6-700 dollars) and they employ russians to break any OCR out there. So the best thing you can do, is have a human verification question....something off the wall because now the spamming bots are catching onto them to, before "what's 1+1=?" used to suffice, now you gotta ask, what color is space or something along those lines lol.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Nexodyne Member

They appear to be real humans anyways, but they aren't. Unless they have ALOT, and I mean ALOT of time on their hands. For example the TV show thread where those fuckers are posting their favorite tv shows, it's actually lulzworthy cause it looks legit, but probably the program they are using has tags, for tv shows, posts this, for books, post this, for welcome thread, post this...catch my drift? One thing you could do, it won't stop them but you'll troll them is to make all the links on the board nofollow, so google won't index them. That way, the spammers aren't getting no benefit from spamming this forum. Ayyyy? That'll teach em.

Also OCR, nowadays all OCR can be broken, even Google's recaptcha, they say the russian mafia is who owns Xrumer (the software is like 6-700 dollars) and they employ russians to break any OCR out there. So the best thing you can do, is have a human verification question....something off the wall because now the spamming bots are catching onto them to, before "what's 1+1=?" used to suffice, now you gotta ask, what color is space or something along those lines lol.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Contributor Pirate

Quote:

I use Captcha Trader for download sites (with JDownloader). I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to use Captcha Trader, or another such site, in a spam bot.

And some, though certainly not all, of the posters do seem to be legitimate humans. The guy who replied to my word generator thread was far too specific about the context, and I really doubt there are enough people out there making and posting about word generator scripts for the spammers to have a stock post ready for that. And he did actually click an ad--he, or the proxy he used, was in Michigan.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.Iridium is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
Speaking of which...

Anyway, most of these posts appear to be from real humans anyway so I don't know how well a humanity-verification question would work. For the time being, I'd say it's not a big enough issue to be worth the effort of stopping it.

Edit: Although, as a thought, perhaps we could disable signatures and links for anyone who doesn't have, say, 10 posts? I'm sure there's a vB addon out there that does this.

New users (under like 10 or so posts) can't post any messages with links in them (although signatures still can).

The way I implemented it, if a new user posts a message with a link, it doesn't given any error, but the posts just doesn't appear. This possibly explains the occasional "test" posts, presumably by such people trying to work out whether the site is broken after their posts with ad. links in never appear.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:27 AM
Nexodyne Newbie

kareldsouza is on a distinguished road
Hello friends,
I am new in this forum. please tell me something about this forum........

Old 04-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Contributor Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareldsouza
Hello friends,
I am new in this forum. please tell me something about this forum........

It's at least half spam bots, so you'll fit in.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:36 AM
Nexodyne Newbie

JohnColleen is on a distinguished road
Hi...

I am a new member...
I wish i will be a good part of this community..

Old 07-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Contributor Pirate

Hello spambot.